Mission: To Make Disciples
Our Strategy: To equip congregations by equipping congregational leaders.
Vision: A network of growing, Christ-centered, outwardly-focused congregations passing the faith to the next generation.
Our Strategic Plan
After surveying over two hundred rostered leaders, staff, and church council members in the synod and listening intently to pastors and lay leaders from all across the synod, we pulled together all the observations, hopes, and dreams we heard.
Results from the Landscape Tool, which assess the work of the synod.
- Following Jesus ‐ Mark 1:17; Mark 8:31-38; Hebrews 12:1-2 Jesus’ calling – the calling of our Baptism – is to follow him. We journey wherever he may lead us.
- Walking Together – Mark 10:28-31; Luke 24:13-35; 1 Corinthians 12:12-31 The journey with Jesus is always a journey with other followers. Only with other followers can we discern where Jesus is leading us.
- Making Disciples ‐ Matthew 28:16-20; Acts 17:16-34 We always invite others into Jesus’ journey. Together we share what we are learning and experiencing along the way.
- Speaking the Truth in Love ‐ John 4:1-42; Galatians 6:1-10; Ephesians 4:15; Ephesians 4:25; Ephesians 4:31-32 We are open and honest with ourselves and our travel companions. This keeps us from losing each other and the way.
- Maturing Theologically ‐ Ephesians 4:14; 1 Corinthians 1:18-25 The landscape of Jesus’ journey is always new. Together we seek to understand and interpret the ever changing terrain.
- Growing Passionate Leadership ‐ Ephesians 4:11-13; 2 Timothy 4:1-5; 1 Peter 5:1-4 Some are called to provide direction and inspiration along the way. They must always be prepared for the road ahead.
- Welcoming Everyone – Mark 7:24-30; Acts 8:26-40; Romans 15:7 We want all people – no exceptions – to travel with us. The journey belongs to Jesus, not us.
- Accompanying the Poor – Micah 6:8; Matthew 25:31-46; Luke 1:46-55 Following Jesus brings us to those in need. His way is always across our borders and among the disenfranchised.
Our Top Priorities:
The Tune in Guide is our primary strategy for helping congregations reconnect and seek the wisdom of the communities in which God has planted them. Re-rooting reminds us that we are here to serve the world, for the good of the world. God’s work. Our hands.