Congregations and church leaders may advertise job openings. If your congregation would like to list an opportunity on this page, please email us a detailed job description with links to the full job description on your website.
Within the Synod
The Academy’s Director of Before and After School and Kinsmen Lutheran Church’s Youth Director oversees the before and after school program for students in kindergarten through eighth grades and provides leadership in youth ministry for junior and senior high students. This position seeks to connect members of the community to ministries of the church.
Kinsmen seeks a person of faith with integrity who loves God and God’s children, is proactive, responsible, and fits into the culture to which we aspire in this staff. This culture can best be described as collaborative, hard-working, creative, and committed. Skills in administration and building relationships are critical. Working knowledge of Lutheran Christian tradition is preferred. Personal resilience and a servant’s heart are vital, as is openness to the diversity of our context.
If interested, please send your resume and three references to Sara Ray.
Shared Lutheran Ministry of Fayette County is looking for a part-time (30 hours/week) Office Manager/Financial Secretary, working under the supervision of the lead pastor. This person will provide administrative support for the leadership and congregations in this ministry. The idea candidate will:
- Be a “Team Player”
- Be dependable, reliable, and self-motivated
- Possess above average oral and written communication skills and accounting
- Possess an advanced level of computer skills, including Microsoft Office [Word, Publisher, Access, Excel], QuickBooks, and the internet
- Possess an advanced level of organizational skills, both to organize own work as well as organize volunteers
- Possess discretion for confidentiality
If interested, please email your resume.
Director of Youth & Family Ministry
St. Paul’s in Brenham
St. Paul’s in Brenham is looking for a full-time Director of Youth and Family Ministry, who will be responsible for providing leadership for all of their youth (pre-K through high school) and families. The Director works alongside the Associate Pastor and church volunteers.
Key expectations and responsibilities include:
- Plan, develop, and implement all aspects of a balanced youth ministry program to build a welcoming environment for all youth and their families
- Establish and maintain consistent healthy communication with parents and church leadership
- Lead youth faith formation activities for all age groups including Sunday School, high school gatherings, summer camp, youth trips, fundraising and service efforts, school Chapel services, and assisting with Vacation Bible School
- Assist pastors in weekday Confirmation Ministry program
- Recruit, develop, and train both youth and adult volunteers/leaders
Along with your resume, please send (3) references and any other pertinent information (ex. teaching samples recorded or otherwise) to Pastor Phil Fenton.