Congregations and church leaders may advertise job openings. If your congregation would like to list an opportunity on this page, please email us a detailed job description with links to the full job description on your website.
Within the Synod
Faith & Family Leader
St. Paul in La Grange
The Faith and Family Leader is responsible for developing and implementing programs for the youth and their families that promote their spiritual growth, encourage their participation in worship, involve them in the life and mission of the church, encourage outreach to the local and greater community, and provide an opportunity for genuine Christian fellowship.
The idea candidate is an individual with a servant’s heart, who is experienced in youth and family ministry and is dedicated to nurturing all members of the body of Christ. If interested, please email your resume by April 21.
The Academy’s Director of Before and After School and Kinsmen Lutheran Church’s Youth Director oversees the before and after school program for students in kindergarten through eighth grades and provides leadership in youth ministry for junior and senior high students. This position seeks to connect members of the community to ministries of the church.
Kinsmen seeks a person of faith with integrity who loves God and God’s children, is proactive, responsible, and fits into the culture to which we aspire in this staff. This culture can best be described as collaborative, hard-working, creative, and committed. Skills in administration and building relationships are critical. Working knowledge of Lutheran Christian tradition is preferred. Personal resilience and a servant’s heart are vital, as is openness to the diversity of our context.
If interested, please send your resume and three references to Sara Ray.
Director of Youth & Family Ministry
St. Paul’s in Brenham
St. Paul’s in Brenham is looking for a full-time Director of Youth and Family Ministry, who will be responsible for providing leadership for all of their youth (pre-K through high school) and families. The Director works alongside the Associate Pastor and church volunteers.
Key expectations and responsibilities include:
- Plan, develop, and implement all aspects of a balanced youth ministry program to build a welcoming environment for all youth and their families
- Establish and maintain consistent healthy communication with parents and church leadership
- Lead youth faith formation activities for all age groups including Sunday School, high school gatherings, summer camp, youth trips, fundraising and service efforts, school Chapel services, and assisting with Vacation Bible School
- Assist pastors in weekday Confirmation Ministry program
- Recruit, develop, and train both youth and adult volunteers/leaders
Along with your resume, please send (3) references and any other pertinent information (ex. teaching samples recorded or otherwise) to Pastor Phil Fenton.