July 8 – 22
Study Spanish + Lean into Leadership + Practice Pilgrimage
While the typical concept of pilgrimage is a pilgrim’s journey to a sacred place, LEAD recognizes that God is always with us and so all places are sacred. As Eckhart Tolle points out in The Power of Now, you don’t have to be a perfect person or in a certain place to experience the fullness of God. God is always given, incarnate in every moment and present to those who know how to be present themselves. That pattern is clear throughout the entire Bible.
LEAD understands that being a pilgrim is an emptying of self for a greater openness and awareness of God who is everywhere. Departing from the demands of our busy lives gives us space to try on new behaviors so that on return, we are more alert to God. Traveling to a different place can increase this consciousness, as language and culture shape our God-view. It is in liminal space that we become more mindful in our everyday life.
Your time will include:
- Personal leadership plan before you depart
- Four hours of Spanish Class each day for 10 days, all materials included
- Weekend trip to Puerto Viejo, with hiking at Cahuita National Park, a visit to the Sloth Sanctuary, and free time on the beach
- Worship and service project with the Lutheran Church of Costa Rica
- Day trip to Britt Coffee Plantation and Waterfall Park
- Opportunities for Latin dance class and Latin cooking class
- LEAD journal and resources
- One follow up coaching session when you return
Date(s) - Jul 8, 2017 until Jul 22 2017
12:00 AM - 12:00 AM