What is Reconciling in Christ?
The Reconciling in Christ (RIC) Program is for congregations, synods, colleges, seminaries, and other Lutheran organizations. Lutheran communities that publicly welcome lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people are accepted onto the Reconciling in Christ Roster which now exceeds 813 settings. Most groups start the process of consideration by engaging in a study program or series of educational meetings. Hearing the experiences of LGBT people and their families often creates greater understanding and insights.
- Reconciling in Christ Synods: A Synod’s Guide to RIC
- Reconciling in Christ Frequently Asked Questions
- “We’re already welcoming! Why do we need to be RIC?”
- Congregational Assessment Survey
- “Lutheran Introduction To Our Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, And Queer Neighbors”
- Sample Affirmation Statements
- “You’re RIC! Now what?”
- Download the RIC logos
For more resources to assist your congregation in growing inclusion and welcome of LGBTQIA, visit ReconcilingWorks.