Continuing education is a commitment to your health – your mental, spiritual, and emotional well-being. Alban Institute did a study once, which showed that failing to do continuing education is a predictor of burnout. They discovered not taking continuing education was more closely associated with burnout than not taking vacation. Continuing education is a time for renewal. It is an opportunity to re-calibrate for the next season of ministry. It deepens us spiritually and professionally.
Rostered Leaders and Church Professionals are encouraged to apply for a one-time $300 grant for your continuing education plans for 2015. Grants are limited and will be processed in order received.
Deadline for Submission was February 15
Continuing Education Opportunities to Consider:
- Spanish Language and Hispanic Ministry Intensive at Lutheran Seminary Program in the Southwest
- LEAD has a number of excellent continuing education opportunities including coaching, covenant groups, trainings, seminars, immersions, and more.
- ELCA Youth Ministry Extravaganza
- The Global Leadership Summit
- Worship Jubilee of the ELCA Biennial Conference of the Association of Lutheran Church Musicians
As it is, there are many parts, but only one body. The eye cannot say to the hand, “I don’t need you.”
~ 1 Corinthians 12:20-22a