Welcome to a study of 2 Corinthians!
Let’s connect you to daily devotions, weekly small group discussion questions, background material and sermon help for the study of 2 Corinthians in June and July 5 of 2015 or any time. Invite your people into:
- Daily devotions – A Heart for Reconciliation, a daily devotional book is available on paperbackand kindle.
- Weekly Bible study – Discussion Qs for Small Groups for small group discussion questions. These will also be available at the back of the above, A Heart for Reconciliation.
- Sunday worship – Background material and sermon helps are available below.Podcasts in which I chat about the texts and the series, will also be available.
- 2 Corinthians 4:13-5:1 – June 7, 2015 (Pentecost 2B)
- 2 Corinthians 5:6-10, (11-13), 14-17 – June 14, 2015 (Pentecost 3B)
- 2 Corinthians 6:1-13 – June 21, 2015 (Pentecost 4B)
- 2 Corinthians 8:7-15 – June 28, 2015 (Pentecost 5B)
- 2 Corinthians 12:2-10 – July 5, 2015 (Pentecost 6B)
Browse the Five Sunday Texts
Don’t Lose Heart
Pentecost 2B: June 7, 2015 – 2 Corinthians 4:13-5:1 – So we do not lose heart. Though our outer nature is wasting away, our inner nature is being renewed daily.
Pentecost 3B: June 14 – 2 Corinthians 5:6-10, (11-13), 14-17 – If anyone is in Christ, there is a new creation. We walk by faith and not by sight, at home in the body and away from the Lord.
Pentecost 4B: June 21 – 2 Corinthians 6:1-13 – Now is the acceptable time; now is the day of salvation. We have endured beatings, riots, hunger, imprisonment…
Pentecost 5B: June 28 – 2 Corinthians 8:7-15 – The offering for the poor in Jerusalem. Now as you excel in everything—in faith, in speech, in knowledge, in utmost eagerness, and in our love for you—so we want you to excel also in this generous undertaking.
Pentecost 6B: July 5 – 2 Corinthians 12:2-10 – Paul’s out of body experience, and his thorn in the flesh. My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.
Prepare by recruiting small group hosts, who will open their home. Some groups may meet at your church, but home groups have a higher rate of welcoming friends. Small group hosts, need only open their home, offer snacks (or coordinate others to do so) and ask the discussion questions that are provided.
Here are more thoughts on putting together small groups.
Make a sign up sheet for each group and put it in your meeting area throughout May. Announce it every Sunday in May. Ask hosts to recruit for their groups. Have one gathering for hosts at the end of May. On the last day of the series, July 5, have a party for the whole congregation.
Then watch people grow as they engage Scripture.