Dwelling in the Word is a practice that may be used to help in communal discernment.
It is an intentional practice that involves:
- deep listening to one another and to God’s Word
- faith…that God will be revealed and the the Holy Spirit will guide us
How to dwell in the Word?
- Begin with prayer
- Reflect silently
- Reflect with a partner
- What captured your attention or imagination?
- What question might you want to ask a Biblical scholar?
- Take 4-5 minutes each. You will report out your partner’s answers and thoughts. This is the deep listening part — try not to express your own thoughts, but, rather, those of your partner.
- Reflect as a group
- What might God be up to in this passage for us today?