Peru Projects Congregations
Deepening Relationships with all ILEP Congregations
The spirit of evangelism and outreach is passionate and energizing as these congregations commit themselves to serving some of the poorest families in South America.
Our partnership with each other in prayer and deepening relationships is important to everyone.
Being a Partner Congregation
One of the most meaningful relationships is a Global partnership between congregations. As we open ourselves to another culture our angle of vision on the whole world changes. Our vision of ministry and even the way we hear Bible stories is transformed through this wider lens.
We practice the ministry of accompaniment in our global partnerships.
All partner congregations are asked to send a representative to the Peru Table that meets a few times a year. (Anyone is welcome to join this table of passionate people.) For more information, please contact the synod office.
We agree that we will share in being a partner congregation relationship with mutual respect by:
- Praying weekly for each other in worship
- Sharing faith, including the joys and pains of ministry
- Advocating for people who live in poverty in both countries
- Visiting each other regularly
- Sharing stories and cultural practices as well as life, pain and joys for an authentic relationship
- Entering into projects with mutual agreement within the guidelines of the companion synod relationships
- Projects may or may not involve TLGC congregation-level contributions
- Financial contributions will move from the congregation to TLGC to IL-P for distribution, transparency and accountability
Please contact the synod office if you are interested in becoming a Partner Congregation in Peru
The IL-P will assign you to a congregation based on the needs in Peru. You are encouraged to visit your partner to strengthen the relationship, though email, Skype, and phone conversations, where possible.
As it is, there are many parts, but only one body. The eye cannot say to the hand, “I don’t need you.”
~ 1 Corinthians 12:20-22a