The Mission Endowment Fund (MEF) is now Live On. Established in 1999, it is a mission outreach fund for use in this synod. Income earned on the permanent investment is granted in February and August to those who apply and qualify for grants.
Together, we are developing Lutheran leadership through a culture of generosity. Live On is making a difference.
Live On supports vital ministries. Contributions may be given in one of three ways:
- Make an outright gift
- Name Live On in your will
- Customize your gift to your situation (such as through a planned charitable gift annuity or charitable remainder unitrust
If you would like assistance in determining the best way to give a gift to Live On, please contact the synod office.
- Seminary Scholarships – Provide financial support for seminary students approved by the candidacy committee and enrolled in approved seminaries.
- Distribution is determined by the synod’s candidacy committee
- Each candidate is reviewed by the candidacy process
- Each candidate submits their reflections each year
- New Missions – Support mission starts and redevelopment congregations
- Distribution is determined by the bishop and synod leadership
- Ministries are reviewed regularly
- A tri-annual ministry review is done by synod and ELCA leadership
- Each ministry receiving grants submits reflections each year
- Campus Ministry – Support campus ministry at colleges and universities within the synod
- Distribution is determined by synod staff and campus ministry team
- Annual ministry review of the campus ministry leadership by the local board
- A tri-annual ministry review is done by the synod and regional leadership
- Seed Money – Support congregational and synodical programs to start new programs (one-time)
- Grant requests must be submitted by December 15 for consideration and distribution in February and/or by June 15th for consideration and distribution in August.
As it is, there are many parts, but only one body. The eye cannot say to the hand, “I don’t need you.”
~ 1 Corinthians 12:20-22a