Using Bisquick gluten free baking mix, this recipe makes good tasting, non-crumbly, and spongy gluten free bread perfect for communion.
Start with the original bisquick recipe on the back of the box and make the following changes:
- 2 cups of Bisquick gluten free mix
- 1/3 cup of melted butter or vegetable oil (instead of shortening)
- 2/3 cup of milk
- 2 eggs (instead of 3 eggs)
Optional: Add a little molasses to batter
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- In a large bowl, use a spoon to mix Bisquick with butter or oil, milk, and eggs until soft dough forms.
- Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil and lightly spray with cooking spray.
- Divide dough into five sections. Roll each dough ball in your hands and begin lightly flattening the ball. Place flattened dough onto the cookie sheet and continue to flatten into a round disc.
- Bake 13 to 16 minutes or until golden brown.
- Optional: flip bread halfway through baking
- After cooling, you can place the communion bread into freezer bags and freeze. When defrosting, wrap individual bread in a wetted paper towel and warm for 10 second increments in the microwave.